- Work on each level for a minimum of twice a day with your child.
- A level may be accomplished within 2-3 weeks.
- Always accompany your child through each activity.
- Talk about each task in the activity with your child.
- Read the words and sentences aloud with your child.
- Reward your child on the completion of every task.
INTRODUCTION TO VOCAD
- The VocaD program is a research-based program aimed at re-enforcing the acquired, lexical in young children, necessary which leads to the development of phrases and sentences through the activities within. It facilitates a transition from semantic-syntactic utterances to sentences.
- The VocaD Program particularly stimulates the child’s experiences which forms the bases for language development, and metalinguistics, thereby displaying that language & cognition go hand in hand/
- All activities within EDULEARN Tools must be performed by an adult such as a speech-language therapist, educationist, a parent or a caregiver, along with a single child or a group of 2-4 children. The child may be allowed to engage by pressing the enter key or the spacebar to change the pictures.
“And (Allah) taught Adam the names, all of them, then presented them to the angels and He said: “Tell Me the names of those if you are right”. – Al Quran: Surah Al Baqarah Ayat 31
- The child must be exposed to this program by an adult, at least 2-3 times a week, with carryover at home.
- The pictures are named by the adult in a short phrase or sentence such as
- “This is (__number__).
- “And this is __(name of item)” or “These are __(name of item)__.”
- “How may ___?” …. “Let’s count …..”
- The adult may count the number of items and say “4 flowers.”
- The child is encouraged to imitate the spoken word
- Note the utterance of the child as spoken :
- On imitation
- The adult may perform an activity of counting real items in the house, for eg. the number of buttons on the child’s shirt, or the number of spoons on the table.
It highly depends on the learning capability of your child. One answer doesn't fit all, but usually, it takes 3 months to complete all activities in a program.
If your child has difficulty in learning a level then move to a previous (easier) level, so that your child can have more practice on easier levels before progressing further.