- Work on each level for a minimum of twice a day with your child.
- A level may be accomplished within 2-3 weeks.
- Always accompany your child through each activity.
- Talk about each task in the activity with your child.
- Read the words and sentences aloud with your child.
- Reward your child on the completion of every task.
INTRODUCTION TO LALA
- The Language And Literacy Activities program called the LALA series is a research-based program aimed at re-enforcing the acquired, lexical, morphological and syntactic skills in young children as well as furthering their development through the activities within. It facilitates a transition from semantic-syntactic utterances to sentences.
- The LALA series particularly stimulates the child’s experiences which forms the bases for language development, and metalinguistics, thereby displaying that language & cognition go hand in hand/
- All activities within EDULEARN Tools must be performed by an adult such as a speech-language therapist, educationist, a parent or a caregiver, along with a single child or a group of 2-4 children. The child may be allowed to engage by pressing the enter key or the spacebar to change the pictures.
Al Quran: Surah Ar Rahman Ayat 4: “And (Allah ) taught him eloquent speech.”
Noam Chomsky: “Language Acquisition device is a hypothetical device in the baby’s brain, which is pre-wired to learn the language that is being spoken in the surroundings.”
- These slides containing pictures and phrases are flashed to the child to develop sight-reading
- Can be initiated for babies having a language age of 12 months.
- Can also be used with children having a language age of 2 years +