- Work on each level for a minimum of twice a day with your child.
- A level may be accomplished within 2-3 weeks.
- Always accompany your child through each activity.
- Talk about each task in the activity with your child.
- Read the words and sentences aloud with your child.
- Reward your child on the completion of every task.
INTRODUCTION TO LACS
- The Language Activities & Cognitive Skills is a research-based program aimed at re-enforcing the acquired lexical, and morphosyntactic skills in young children as well as furthering their development through the activities within.
- LACS particularly stimulates the child’s auditory and visual memory and sequencing skills which form the bases for language development, and metalinguistics.
- All activities within EDULEARN Tools must be performed by an adult such as a speech-language therapist, educationist, a parent or a caregiver, along with a single child or a group of 2-4 children. The child may be allowed to engage by pressing the enter key or the spacebar to change the pictures.
“And Allah brought you forth from the wombs (of) your mothers, not knowing anything, and made for you the hearing and the sight and the hearts so that you may give thanks.” – Al Quran : Surah Nahl Ayat 78
- This is a closed set auditory training exercise.
- All pictures are shown to the child, and s/he is asked to name them. This serves as a familiarization exercise.
- After the familiarization, the four words must be spoken aloud (only) twice, asking the child to repeat them aloud in the same sequence.