- Work on each level for a minimum of twice a day with your child.
- A level may be accomplished within 2-3 weeks.
- Always accompany your child through each activity.
- Talk about each task in the activity with your child.
- Read the words and sentences aloud with your child.
- Reward your child on the completion of every task.
INTRODUCTION TO ALLP
- The Articulation Language and Literacy program ALLP is a research-based program aimed at developing lexical and literacy skills, through a hierarchy of graded activities within.
- ALLP particularly stimulates the child’s auditory and visual memory and sequencing skills which form the bases for language development, and metalinguistics.
- All activities within EDULEARN Tools must be performed by an adult such as a speech-language therapist, educationist, a parent or a caregiver, along with a single child or a group of 2-4 children. The child may be allowed to engage by pressing the enter key or the spacebar to change the pictures.
“And Allah brought you forth from the wombs (of) your mothers, not knowing anything, and made for you the hearing and the sight and the hearts so that you may give thanks.”
– Al Quran : Surah Nahl Ayat 78
- The child must be exposed to the phonic sounds and words at least 2-3 times a week, with carryover at home.
- Use only short vowels
- Do not use the Schwa vowel with any consonant
- Say the sound before naming the picture e.g. /a/ says apple.
- The sounds in the animation are meant for auditory alertness.
- The child imitates the spoken sound/word
- Note the utterance of the child as spoken :
- On imitation
- Looking face to face with the speaker
- Looking away from the speaker
- Use the provided proforma, as it also indicates the child’s lexicon, along with his listening skills.
- Record the child’s performance, each week.