- Work on each level for a minimum of twice a day with your child.
- A level may be accomplished within 2-3 weeks.
- Always accompany your child through each activity.
- Talk about each task in the activity with your child.
- Read the words and sentences aloud with your child.
- Reward your child on the completion of every task.
INTRODUCTION TO ASC
- The Activities for Speech-Language Correction Series – ASC is a research-based program aimed at facilitating the acquisition and learning of speech sounds. The sound is corrected through listening exercises provided at the beginning of the activity. The corrected sound is then practised at different levels, for stable use. The correct production of the sound is tabulated and must be rewarded thereby giving positive feedback.
- ASCS particularly stimulates the child’s experiences which form the bases for speech and language development, and metalinguistics, thereby displaying that speech, language & cognition go hand in hand.
- All activities within EDULEARN Tools must be performed by an adult such as a speech-language therapist, educationist, a parent or a caregiver, along with a single child or a group of 2-4 children. The child may be allowed to engage by pressing the enter key or the spacebar to change the pictures.
” And (Allah) taught him eloquent speech.”
– Al Quran : Surah Ar Rahman Ayat 4
- The adult helps the child recognize and discriminate among the different target sounds, through minimal pairs, which are shown in pictures and written words, to the child, as the adult speaks them out aloud.
- The child must point to the word s/he hears and is encouraged to speak it aloud as well.
- It is important to help the child discriminate between the erred and correct production of the sound.
It highly depends on the learning capability of your child. One answer doesn't fit all, but usually, it takes 3 months to complete all activities in a program.
If your child has difficulty in learning a level then move to a previous (easier) level, so that your child can have more practice on easier levels before progressing further.